Looking for a Job as an early childhood professional?
4-C’s web site has links to job opportunities. 4-C provides this portal to link job hunters to employers but cannot guarantee, endorse or recommend the accuracy on what employers’ state in their job postings.
Child Care Jobs
The job information is provided to us by the child care program. For more information about a job listed please contact the employer directly. Jobs are posted as a service to premium members of Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) only.
For current listings check out our classifieds section.
4-C Employment Opportunities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Trainer/Communities of Practice Coordinator
Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) is a non-profit organization that develops a comprehensive approach to coordinating child care services in the local community. For over 40 years, 4-C has supported and enhanced child care and continues its tradition of supporting families by coordinating a vision of a high quality early childhood care system available to all children and families.
Our agency is looking for a Communities of Practice Coordinator, paying an annual salary based upon required qualifications and experience and skills. This position will be responsible for developing the program and facilitating Communities of Practice (COP) with child care directors and teachers, as well providing on-site coaching to COP members. Must have the ability to travel to appointments, meetings, and training sessions.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in at least one of the following fields: Early Childhood Education (preferred), Family & Consumer Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, or related field. Must have Kentucky Trainer’s Credential-Level 3 or above (or will support otherwise qualified candidates to successfully obtain Trainer’s Credential).
At least two years of experience working with young children in ECE setting. Knowledge of Environment Rating Scales (ITERS & ECERS).
The Essential duties are, but not limited to:
- Organize the program by recruiting members, coordinate meetings and research, develop and present topics and materials for learning and growth for the members.
- Provide a safe, respectful, and positive environment for members to exchange ideas and problem solve issues in early childhood.
- Facilitate discussions and provide support to members based on identified best practices.
- Communicate with participants on a regular basis to keep them informed and engaged.
- Manage the technical and administrative functions of the COP (secure venue, order lunch, manage paperwork for TRIS).
- Encourage, support, motivate, and work interactively with teachers/caregivers to develop and implement ongoing goals.
- Support the teacher/caregiver to provide opportunities to promote the child’s growth and development for all developmental domains.
- Assist teachers/caregivers to structure environments, routines and interactions that contribute to positive social-emotional outcomes for the children and families in the program.
- Build relationships with other staff based on mutual respect, demonstrate effective communication skills, practice conflict resolution skills, have an on-going commitment to learning, possess good observation skills, and model best practices working with young children.
- Work with 4-C staff to develop and implement new training programs.
The Communities of Practice Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, competent interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills. Ability to communicate using technology, develop reports and track data.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. We offer a competitive salary and have a comprehensive benefits package that includes, health, dental, vision, retirement and paid time off. If you would like to be a member of our team, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or fax to 502-805-0776.