Pay for Child Care

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

With all of the changes in the recent past with the administration of the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), it is hard to know where to turn. Although 4-C does not administer CCAP, we can help you find the information you need.

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to eligible families in the Commonwealth. The family must establish eligibility through the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) and payments are made directly to the child care provider.

Parent Tips

  • Eligibility for CCAP benefits are determined by a Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) worker just like SNAP, KTAP, and other state benefits.
  • Clients (parents or guardians) can apply for benefits, report changes, and get assistance with their CCAP case by calling 855-306-8959 or by visiting
  • Changes can also be reported to [email protected].
  • Read all notices from DCBS regarding your CCAP case or any other benefit that you receive and follow up with your DCBS worker. Changes to your SNAP, K-TAP, or other benefit cases can have an effect your CCAP case.
  • All CCAP certificates must be signed by the client and provider and then faxed to DCC at 502-564-3464.
  • Clients must report all changes and address certificate issues to their DCBS worker. Providers are not allowed access to your information.
  • Know the name and address of your child care provider when applying for CCAP benefits or changing providers. This will help your DCBS worker when it is time to issue a certificate.
  • Once approved for the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) families may still be responsible for part of the payment to the child care provider if the family has a co-pay or overage. A co-pay is assigned by the CCAP depending on the family size and income. It is a daily amount that is subtracted from the provider’s reimbursement that the family pays to the child care provider. An overage is an additional amount that the family may be responsible for if the child care provider charges more than the CCAP pays. The family also pays this amount to the child care provider.

Child Care Provider Tips

  • The Division of Child Care (DCC) administers the provider payment part of the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). You can contact DCC at 844-209-2657.
  • Providers should call the Division of Child Care at 844-209-2657 if you have not been compensated for care provided, or for any other issues including verifying that a child has an active enrollment.
  • When you call, make sure you have needed information at hand including: parent's name, children's names, date of service, the reason for reimbursement (eg. termination notice was received late; signed certificate was sent in for this child; CPS worker said that authorization was received for this child; etc.) and any documents that can help support each case.