Accounting and Payroll Specialist
This job reports to the Director of Finance.
This is a Full-Time position working 35 hours per week.
1. Process agency payables and un-related child care center payables.
2. Assure that correct accounting practices are retained within the agency to meet accounting and grant standards.
3. Maintain necessary files and records.
4. Assist with benefit and payroll issues.
5. Process payroll and enter into payroll system weekly.
6. Distribute payroll checks in a timely manner.
7. Assist with year-end audit.
8. Back up for receptionist.
9. Perform and/or direct agency personnel in maintaining proper agency accounting functions.
10. Update subscription, memberships & dues listing as necessary.
11. Assist Director of Finance with other projects as assigned.
- Must be skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets and have experience with accounting software and email programs.
- Must enjoy detail work and maintain an organized work style and workspace.
- Must be able to process material of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have valid driver’s license and regular access to vehicle covered by liability insurance.
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Must be flexible.
Associates degree or a minimum of five years experience in an accounting environment.
Interested individuals should send resumes to [email protected].