Families and Educators Together: Building Great Relationships that Support Young Children
$37.50 – $62.50
(5 credit hours)
Level 2 CDA 4 CC 6 Audience – All
Families and Educators Together: Building Great Relationships that Support Young Children [by Derry Koralek, Karen Nemeth, and Kelly Ramsey (Author)]
Home–school relationships have always been a cornerstone of children’s success and well-being. But cultivating positive, supportive partnerships between educators and families is an ongoing process, one that requires reciprocal respect and communication to grow. Use the practical information and ideas in this book to develop and embed a culture of family engagement in all aspects of your early childhood program, from curriculum planning to addressing children’s individual needs, by:
• Creating a welcoming environment for families
• Providing many ways for families to engage in the program and their children’s learning
• Ensuring two-way communication and addressing communication challenges
• Building on learning opportunities families already provide at home
• Supporting diverse home languages and cultures
• Collaborating on community-wide efforts
Packed with strategies, resources, and examples from early childhood programs, this book illustrates numerous ways to engage families in your early childhood community so that together, families + educators = thriving children.
Participants are responsible for obtaining the books either from the 4-C Lending Library, from the public library, or by purchasing their own books. The price covers only the cost of the training module and credit hours.