- 1 Roll of Toilet Paper
- 1 Bar of Ivory Soap
- Vegetable Peeler
- Large Bowl
- Take the roll of toilet paper and tear the sheets in to small pieces.
- Place the pieces of paper in a large bowl.
- Use the vegetable peeler and shave about a quarter (1/4) of the bar of soap into the bowl filled with the paper.
- Add warm water to the mixture. Start out with just enough water to dampen the paper.
- Have the child mix the ingredients, working the “clean mud” in between her fingers.
- Slowly add more and more water to the mixture to create a slimier feeling.
Less Mess: Place the mixture into a Ziploc bag and allow the child to feel the “clean mud” from the outside of the bag.
More Mess: Mix small items (such as coins or small plastic beads) into the mixture and have the child find the hidden objects.