4-C is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to ensure the integrity of our accounting practices by performing full function accounting for day care centers. The qualified candidate will have a four year Accounting Degree or Associate Degree with five years’ experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of education. Must be proficient in computer skills, with experience in the area of electronic spreadsheets and accounting software.
The senior accountant must be highly motivated and an analytical thinker, able to work through complex problems in order to reach justifiable conclusions to support the day care center. Multitasking abilities are a necessary strength of the senior accountant.
The Essential duties are, but not limited to:
- Performs and/or directs agency and center personnel in maintaining proper accounting functions to ensure that correct accounting practices are retained to meet all applicable reporting standards.
- Assists with the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts for the centers and maintains control procedures, performs analysis of results and reports variances as necessary.
- Prepares necessary reports, billings, statements, and analyses related to financial transactions of the centers.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provides information as needed to assist in grant reporting or proposals.
- Analyzes and prepares monthly account reconciliations.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our team, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or fax to 502-805-0776.