When walking in neighborhoods:
- Go to well-lit houses and remain on porches rather than entering houses.
- Wear clothing that is bright, reflective and flame retardant.
- Consider using face paint instead of a mask; as masks can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Use flashlights, stay on sidewalks and avoid crossing yards.
For Caregivers and adults:
- Inspect all candy for safety before children eat it.
- Drive Slowly.
- Watch for children in the street and on medians.
- Have children get out of cars on the curb side, not the traffic side.
Follow these tips for a fun and safe Halloween!
This information has been adapted from the Kentucky System to Enhance Early Development (KY SEED.) To learn more about this program, contact 859-622-6672.