The news of massive budget cuts this week makes us all ask if kids count in Kentucky. That is a haunting question given the deep cuts to children’s supports on Tuesday, January 29. Next Thursday, February 7, is Children’s Advocacy Day (CAD) at the Capitol. It is THE day to make your voice heard for kids. Whatever your passion – fending off those Cabinet cuts; child fatalities due to abuse and neglect; human trafficking of young people – CAD is the place and the time to make a difference.
Children’s Advocacy Day Schedule
- 9:00-9:30am: Check-in and Register on the second floor mezzanine in the Capitol
- 9:30-10:15am: Kick-off rally in the Capitol Rotunda with youth speakers and performers
- 10:15-12:00pm: Meet with your legislators, and view artowrk in the tunnel
- 12:00-2:00pm: Mini-seminars on the 2013 Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children in Annex Room 125. View the schedule of topics and speakers here.
- 2:00pm: View the House or Senate in session
Whether you plan to stay for the day or just come for an hour, your presence and your voice will make a difference.
See you at the Capitol!